2020 Art Fair Program Art Contest
July 11th and 12th, 2020 marks the 50th year for the Royal Oak Outdoor Art Fair! For our golden anniversary the Royal Oak Arts Council is sponsoring an art contest to open to all student artists of any age who attend classes in Royal Oak. The winning artist will receive $250.00 and their entry will be used as the featured art on our promotional posters, online media and printed programs for the 2020 fair.
- Art is to be the original work of the entrant; lettering may be original or come from any kind of art service.
- Students may submit multiple entries.
- Entries must include a Title, Artist Statement and the Medium use to create the piece.
- Artwork in the form of any type of visual media such as painting, photography, print, electronic (raster or vector-based), etc. may be submitted.
- Any physically submitted artwork should be in finished form and unframed.
- Each submission must be an original design that has not been reproduced previously.
- Artwork minimum size is 8.5” x 11”. Art with a height roughly 1.5 times the width will be preferred.
- Artwork may also be submitted electronically. All submissions must be a high-resolution scan of at least 300 dpi or in a vector format.
- The winning entry will be selected at the sole discretion of the Royal Oak Arts Council.
- The rights of the winning artwork become the property the Royal Oak Arts Council and may be adapted for uses such as T-shirts, pins, programs, print and online media.
- All submissions may be used by the Royal Oak Arts Council for the purposes of promoting both this or future art fair program contests.
- Please be sure to include your name, address, phone and email address with each entry.
- Entries not selected can be retrieved in person at the Royal Oak Outdoor Art Fair at the Arts Council booth or mailed to the artist, provided the artist encloses the cost of returned postage. Entries not selected or retrieved may be disposed of after the conclusion of our 2020 art fair.
- By submitting artwork to the Royal Oak Art Council’s 2020 Art Fair Program Art Contest all participating artists acknowledge and agree to the rules stated above.
All entries must be received by Friday, March 13th, 2020.
Please submit electronic entries to:
Or by mail:
PO Box 1453
Royal Oak MI, 48067